How To Make The Best:
A space cake is as awesome as it sounds. Imagine your favourite cake, but infused with the unbridled and buzzing power of cannabis! Pretty much ever coffeeshop in Amsterdam will offer space cakes in one form or another, and they have become increasingly popular with those who want to reach that high, but in a discreet and tasty manner.
With this in mind, we have put together an out-of-this-world space cake recipe so that you can make your very own.
YOU WILL NEED:
– A mixing bowl
– Spatula or mixing spoon
– A cake oven tin
– Non-stick spray or lining paper
– An oven
– A microwave
– A small bowl
– A skewer
– Optional: A wire rack
1. Preheat your oven to somewhere between 104°C and 113°C. Place your weed (grinded) in an oven safe container. Heat it in the oven for 30–40 minutes. This will decarboxylate your weed, meaning that all cannabinoids become bioavailable.
2. Pre-heat your oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
3. Put your butter in a bowl and place it in the microwave for 20 seconds. You want it to melt into a gloopy, pasty consistency.
4. Mix your freshly ground up cannabis into the butter.
5. Add all of the sugar, flour, milk, cannabis butter, eggs, plus anything else you want to your mixing bowl. Mix everything together until you get a batter with a nice even consistency. This may take a few minutes, but it will ensure your cannabis is spread evenly as possible throughout the cake mix. Note: if the mix is a little bit too dry, add a splash of extra milk; if it is too wet, add some extra flour.
6. Grease your cake tin with non-stick spray, or line it with non-stick baking paper.
7. Carefully pour your cake batter into the tin, spreading it around so that it is evenly distributed.
8. Place your tin in the oven and leave for 25 minutes to bake.
9. After 25 minutes, stab the centre of the cake with a skewer. If it comes out clean, it is ready, if batter sticks to it, leave the cake in the oven for another 5 minutes.
10. Allow the cake to cool for about 20 minutes in the tin; then place it upside down on the wire rack and remove the tin, allowing it to cool for a further 30 minutes.
11. Once cooled, decorate the cake with anything you want.